The Stop ACH Electronic Payment Request is for stopping recurring scheduled payments -- not for new/first-time payments that have yet to debit to your account.
To submit a stop electronic payment request:
- Login to Online Banking.
- Navigate to Account Services > Stop Electronic Payment.
- You will be taken to the Stop Electronic Payment Request form.
- Select the account on which you would like to stop the payment from the dropdown menu.
- Choose whether it is a one-time stop or a permanent stop for recurring payments.
- Fill out the name of the company, the date of the electronic payment and the amount of the payment you wish to stop, then click submit.
The stop payment request must be received by the Credit Union at least three business days prior to the scheduled debit transaction date. Please note that you cannot stop an electronic payment that was used at the point of sale, such as from a retail establishment. This means that if you purchased something with a debit card, you cannot stop payment on the transfer.