How to Make the Switch to Smarter Checking
Ready to make the switch to an SFPCU checking account? Here are some simple steps to help you along the way.
1. Choose Your Account
With so many great options, pick the SFPCU account that fits your needs. Click here to check out our convenient Checking Account options.
2. Set up Direct Deposit
Get convenient access to your income, set up direct deposit into your new SFPCU checking account. Download and complete the appropriate direct deposit form below. If you are not employed by the City and County of San Francisco, please download the generic form or ask your HR Department for your company's Direct Deposit Authorization form.
3. Change Automatic (Electronic) Payments
Move over any automatic payments previously set up with your old account. Simply download and complete the Automatic Payments form below and send it to each business or organization you had set up any recurring electronic payments with (such as health club fees, insurance, or internet service provider fees).
4. Close Your Old Account
Close your old account and say so long monthly service fees! If you would like to close your old Checking Account, download and complete the Account Closing Request form below and send it to your old financial institution. Please make sure to wait until all outstanding checks and automatic payments have cleared through your old account before closing.
5. Get the Most From Your SFPCU Membership!
Check out the many great financial products and services available exclusively for our members.
- Sign up for Convenient Services
- Take advantage of our low-rate loan accounts
- Platinum Visa - low rates, rewards and no annual, balance transfer or cash advance fee
- Vehicle Loan - low-rate loans for new and used autos, motorcycles and more
- Home Equity Line of Credit - take advantage of the equity in your house to secure a lower rate loan