Who is Eligible
Membership at SFPCU is open exclusively to those who fall into one of the five categories below:
1 ) You must fall into one of the four following categories AND one of the nine Bay Area counties listed below:
- Law enforcement personnel under the city, state and federal level that have taken an introductory course of training set by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (as defined by California Penal Code) or equivalent course.
- Firefighters in an eligible county who have successfully completed an approved basic fire college or fire academy training course as outlined in the 'California Fire Service Training and Education Program Act', and are a volunteer for, or an employee of: any municipal, county, state or federal agency or special district.
- Emergency Medical Technicians in an eligible county who have successfully completed a State of California approved training course as described in the 'Emergency Medical Services System and the Prehospital Emergency Medical Personnel Act and are a volunteer for, or an employee of any municipal, county, state or federal agency or special district or contracted private ambulance service.
- The civilian employees of an eligible department.
Eligible counties: San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, San Mateo, Contra Costa, Solano, Alameda, Santa Clara
2) Be a family member of an SFPCU member: grandparents, parents, spouse, siblings, (step) children or (step) grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, first cousins, domestic partner.
- Once a domestic partner joins in their own right, all of their family can now join. For example, if you join and your domestic partner joins as an individual member, then all of your domestic partner's family can now join.
3) Members of a California-based law enforcement organization (ex. PORAC, CPOA, FOP, etc.).
4) Graduate from NERT or CERT classes in the nine Bay Area counties.
5) Employee of an eligible hospital or medical group listed below.
- Eligible groups: Eden Medical Center, ValleyCare Health System, Kindred Hospital (San Leandro), St. Rose Hospital, Eden Hospital Health Services Corp. (Castro Valley), and Valley Medical Oncology Consultants (Castro Valley).
Ready to Join the Credit Union?
- Complete the Online Membership Application Here -