SFPCU serves professionals in law enforcement, firefighting, and EMT agencies in California and beyond. You also may join SFPCU’s membership ranks if you are a family member of a current SFPCU member or if you’re part of an eligible group (see details below).
SFPCU returns profits to members as dividends on savings and other valuable benefits. And once you join SFPCU you are a member for as long as you want to be, even if you move, change jobs or retire.
Apply for Membership Now
Details on SFPCU Membership Eligibility
Fall into one of the four following categories AND one of the nine Bay Area counties listed below:
Eligible counties: San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, San Mateo, Contra Costa, Solano, Alameda, Santa Clara
- Law enforcement personnel under the city, state and federal level who have taken an introductory course of training set by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (as defined by California Penal Code) or equivalent course.
- Firefighters in an eligible county who have successfully completed an approved basic fire college or fire academy training course as outlined in the 'California Fire Service Training and Education Program Act,' and are a volunteer for, or an employee of: any municipal, county, state or federal agency or special district.
- Emergency Medical Technicians in an eligible county who have successfully completed a State of California approved training course as described in the 'Emergency Medical Services System and the Prehospital Emergency Medical Personnel Act and are a volunteer for, or an employee of any municipal, county, state or federal agency or special district or contracted private ambulance service.
- The civilian employees of an eligible department.
- Be a family member of an SFPCU member: grandparents, parents, spouse, siblings, (step) children or (step) grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, first cousins, domestic partner.
- Members of a California-based law enforcement organization (ex. PORAC, CPOA, FOP, etc.).
- Graduate from NERT or CERT classes in the nine Bay Area counties.
Employee of an eligible hospital or medical group listed below.
- Eligible groups: Eden Medical Center (Sutter), ValleyCare Health System, Kindred Hospital (San Leandro), St. Rose Hospital, Eden Hospital Health Services Corp. (Castro Valley), and Valley Medical Oncology Consultants (Castro Valley)
Become a member of SFPCU by completing the online application and start enjoying the valuable benefits that we offer!