What devices work with Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is available for devices that meet the following requirements:
- Operating System: iOS version 5.0+ or Android OS version 2.3+
- Camera Specs: Rear-facing, 1.9+ megapixels
- Connectivity: Minimum of 3G or WiFi connection
- Display Resolution: 800x480 pixels or greater
What types of accounts accept Mobile Deposit?
You may deposit funds to any of your primary SFPCU checking, savings or money market accounts. Joint accounts are not eligible for mobile deposit at this time.
Is there a fee to use this service?
SFPCU offers Mobile Deposit free to our members. Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply.
How do I begin?
First, make sure you’re enrolled in Online Banking.
- Visit the iTunes App Store or Android Market (Google Play) and download the SFPCU Mobile Banking app
- If you already have the app installed, make sure you're using the most recent version of the Mobile Banking app
- Open up the SFPCU Mobile Banking app
- Select the Deposit a Check option and follow the instructions
Are there any limits on my deposits using Mobile Deposit?
You are not limited to the number of deposits you can make. However, there are daily and monthly limits on the deposit amounts that can be processed per account.
- $10,000 daily
- $50,000 per any 30 consecutive calendar days
Are deposits made using Mobile Deposit secure?
Yes. The link between your mobile device and our Mobile Deposit site are encrypted to the highest industry standards.
When will my deposit be credited to my account?
When your account is credited using Mobile Deposit will depend on the amount of the check. It may take up to 1-2 business days for the total deposit to post. If there are any errors on the deposit, it may take longer to post to your account.
How will I know when my check has been deposited?
You will receive an email confirmation that your deposit has been processed. We recommend you write down the reference number to the check and keep for your records.
What should I do if I have a check for an amount that exceeds the limit?
Please visit a SFPCU branch for any checks written over an amount of $10,000.
Are there any types of checks that cannot be deposited using Mobile Deposit?
Only single-party domestic checks made payable to the member may be captured for deposit with Mobile Deposit. The following items cannot be deposited with Mobile Deposit:
- Checks payable to a name other than the listed on account (i.e., business name, nickname etc.)
- Items stamped “non-negotiable”
- Post-dated or stale-dated checks
- Incomplete checks – checks missing any required information
- Third party checks – checks payable to someone else, endorsed and signed over to you
- Foreign checks – checks payable to you and drawn on a financial institution in another country
- Altered checks – checks that contain evidence of alteration to information on the check
- Checks purported to be a lottery or prize winnings
- SFPCU checks drawn on your account
- Checks previously submitted for deposit
What should I do after I have submitted a check with Mobile Deposit?
After your check is scanned, please write your deposit reference number on your check and store in a safe place for 7 days or until the deposit appears on your monthly statement and then you may securely destroy it. Please destroy the check or clearly mark it as "VOID" if you prefer to keep it for your records. Be sure the check is not rescanned or deposited elsewhere.
I have an image error with Mobile Deposit. What should I do?
Please double-check the following:
- Your check photos are clear and legible. Be sure that there are no shadows on the check; the check is not excessively wrinkled or corners are bent; the image is not blurry from “shaky camera”; and the writing is contained within the relevant spaces on the check
- You have positioned the check against a dark or contrasting background
- The MICR line (the bottom part of the check that includes your account number and the bank routing number) is visible
- The check number, payee, endorsement, numeric amount, written amount and MICR line are all readable
- You have a strong signal. Using a secure WiFi connection may improve your transmission success
- If the check continues to be rejected, please bring into a SFPCU branch or you can access our Online Check Deposit service in Online Banking