Q: Am I Eligible for a Loan?
A: Borrower must be a member of SPFCU, as well as:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled at least half-time in an eligible school
- At least 18 years old
- Meet minimum credit requirements
If you are not a member of SF Police Credit Union, you may still apply for a loan. However, you will need to establish membership prior to final approval and funding. If you would like more information on SFPCU membership, please click here.
Q: What is the Importance of a Cosigner?
A: Applying with a creditworthy cosigner not only increases your chance of approval, but also may lead to a lower loan rate.
Q: What are Some Tips to Keep in Mind?
A: Remember to:
- Exhaust all federal loans
- Get started early
- Only request the amount you need for the current academic period